Set Focus - Autofocus issue

I’m having issues with the set focus and auto focus camera from the laser. The first picture show the printable area and what I want to cut over a piece of Bristol/cardstock sheet, and looks correct.

But if I select the “Set Focus” option, suddenly the camera does this:

If I don’t use set focus, and add all the correct thicknesses. I go ahead and click print, the screen look correct, but the auto focus manages to change what I had set up and I run into the same focusing issue.

Does anybody experienced this?

Always use the set focus before placing your artwork.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input, but this is what happens when I click on set focus with or without artwork.
It seems that my camera just zooms in drastically and makes it impossible to work with.

I think there is something wrong, but I can’t quite figure out what is going on. What is the exact meaurement of the cardstock? Is it 8.5 x 11? If so, something is weird.

It is an 8.5x11 sheet 0.013" thick. I have done hundreds of these cuts before, but never had the camera zoom in like this. I also recalibrated the camera earlier today, and cleaned all lenses/cameras

1 Like

This is an image of 3 layers of cardstock and using set focus and that seems to work, but with one or two layers it goes out of whack which is crazy because we’re talking about millimeters…

Am definitely interested what what support can glean from the logs. Hope it works out well for you with this machine.

There was something similar a few months ago with cardstock and people ended up putting it on top of a piece of acrylic in order to get the focus to work. I’ll look for that thread if I have time. Hope support leaves this thread open so we see the answer.

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll let you know.

I appreciate your patience as we reviewed the logs from your Glowforge. We’ve sent over the next best steps directly via email. I’ll now close this thread.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.