"Set Focus" is not working properly - sudden change

I use Chrome internet. I have been successful up until now using the “Set Focus” feature. Now when I use it I get an error message of “An error occurred on your Glowforge. Please refresh your browser before printing. It may also help to turn your Glowforge off and then on again.”
My print head was replaced about a month ago. The Set Focus feature was working fine with it. New piece of wood. The red dot shows on the wood.
I just don’t want to keep manually having to measure each sheet of wood to put in the measurements. I make earrings, so I use a lot of scraps and how it fits is essential to get the most out of the wood.

Any suggestions for trouble shooting?

Did you do the print head setup software after replacing it?

https://app.glowforge.com/maintenance/printer-head-setup

1 Like

Yes…and it worked for a couple weeks. So, I don’t think it is an installation issue. I don’t mind putting the measurements in, but I don’t think the engrave is quite a crisp that way.

1. You can clean the two windows on the bottom of the print head, on either side of the lens cavity, which are what make autofocus work (one projects the red dot, one photographs it).
  2. You can inspect the white ribbon cable for damage along its length (crimping, exposed wires), or loose connectors on either end.
  3. You can contact support@glowforge.com if you haven’t already, with the date and time you experience an error when trying to focus, and they can check the machine’s logs to see what’s going on at that time.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.