Set focus question

I’m not really sure if I’m really using the SET FOCUS properly, sometimes it seems to work and sometimes not. Are you supposed to put the set focus in the middle of your artwork or where you think it will start printing? As I’m sure we’ve have all experienced, we don’t necessarily know where in the artwork, the GF will start printing.

1 Like

You want to make sure that the beam from the set focus tool hits squarely on your artwork. I usually aim for a midpoint or a large engrave area.

3 Likes

First, make sure that your material is as flat as possible, pins, tape, magnets…

Then anywhere on the project is as good as any other place as you get one spot only.

If you have a lot of warping and you are cutting you might consider breaking it up into smaller jobs so you get more focuses.

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I usually use set focus close to anything I want to be accurate close to. As in, if I’m working on a piece that already has some stuff cut out of it and I want to minimize waste, I’ll set focus close to the spot with cutouts and then move my new job as close to those old cuts as possible.

Set focus will make the bed image the most accurate near where you choose.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @dklgood, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic.