Setting up and something is wrong with the lens

hoping this is an easy clean but it doesn’t look good. It came with this grey gummy gunk on it and I’m not sure what to do. Support has yet to get back to me.

Gummy gunk? Not sure what it is, but it’s probably not going to affect performance, so if you wanted to try to remove it, it wouldn’t hurt to try. Try with a paper towel first, and if it doesn’t peel off easily, a damp magic eraser might get it. Be careful not to put your fingers on the windows or the electronics, and the lid will fall off, so don’t turn it over.

The window on the side can be replaced if it is too damaged by the gunk, it just screws in, and they can send you that replacement part, so you wouldn’t need to return the whole machine. (Definitely want to avoid having to return the machine if you can…it takes a long time.)

I would wipe the window in the photo, and go through the setup. You have established a support ticket by posting here but while waiting for an answer you can see if the machine works in spite of the gunk.

1 Like

I have no idea what that is. But, if you haven’t already, try soaking the window with alcohol for a about a minute with a wipe or Q-Tip, then gently wipe off.

If you unscrew it has @Jules mentioned be careful as she stated. I have removed mined and soaked in alcohol for about a minute, it cleaned up really well. Then I wiped it off with Zeiss wipes.

2 Likes

Hi @allwashedover - I’m so sorry for the unexpected surprise, thanks for reaching out and sharing those photos.

I’ve just come across your email ticket to us and sent some next steps your way. As others have mentioned this should be something you can clean and I don’t expect it will impact your printer’s performance in any way. However I’m going to go ahead and send you a replacement for that printer head window just to be absolutely sure you don’t run into any trouble.

Please keep an eye out for that email - I’ll go ahead and close this topic since we’ll be finishing up via that email thread but please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

2 Likes