Setting up for the first time, button won't illuminate

Hello everyone,

I received my glowforge yesterday and had to spend this morning taking care of requirements in order to set it up. After unboxing via the online guide, I have moved onto the setup. I installed the laser head and moved the arm around per the setup guide. I turned the machine on, heard some water move, fans turn on, and the lights inside the work area came on…the start “magic” button , however, has not illuminated. It has been over an hour and it still isn’t lit up. What could possibly take this long? Is this normal? HELP!!!

If the unit’s start button does not glow teal very soon after initial power-up just hold it down for 10 seconds. It will turn teal and then follow the normal wifi setup.

7 Likes

Thanks, they didn’t cover the in the manual!

1 Like

Thanks for the answer, @rpegg, that’s correct!

I’m sorry for the confusion, @Soldiermedic. It looks like you’ve gotten connected since you started this thread. Could you please let me know if you’re still running into any trouble?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.