Settings for stainless steel - rectangle charm

I am getting ready to attempt to engrave on a stainless steel rectangle charm. I have sprayed it with Cermark but not sure of what settings to use. I’ve searched but can’t seem to find the answer. Also, I noticed that it looks like a piece of wood is placed under the item to be engraved, is this correct?

Thanks for any help in this matter.

1 Like

That magnifying glass icon in the upper right, search for your query (in this case, “Cermark settings”) I predict you will be surprised.
This place has been populated by a broad spectrum of experienced artists and professionals for several years now, as well as a few wizards who have contributed to the database here, and can help you do anything within the capability of your new toy/tool/ability.

Beyond that, there is always YouTube…

2 Likes

The only time you need to place something under what you’re engraving is if it’s too thick to fit on the tray, but too thin for the laser to reach when it’s not on the tray. If you’re talking about a charm for a necklace or a bracelet, that’s unlikely to be true.

Usually for Cermark you want to use full power to melt the material and fuse it to the metal.

2 Likes