Sewing backlog

Results from a few weekend projects. My parents are coming to visit next week and so I wanted
to finish up some stuff and it will be a little while before I get the chance to sew again.

This dress had a perfect result and I glowforged the trim

For this design its a dress where I glowforged butterflies to add a synch effect. Of course Thorin had to drop in.

Another creation I finally finished was the sunflower one

This one was really cool and has a butterfly effect

This one went back to my Ausitn roots…but Thorin crashed some photos

Now this final one is really cool. It is a perfect example of letting your design lead the way and even if there are mistakes in it. I first made this dress and it was just a little too fitted. I ended up tunring it into a mountain design and add an avalanche snow effect to be able to give some lax. I love the effect and this is an amazing suede to work with.

59 Likes

Fantastic work on all of them, but my favorite is the mountain scene.

11 Likes

Your stuff is simply amazing.

8 Likes

Nice work all around, and the doggo approves.

5 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous, the last one - wow this is really lovely! You must get so many compliments when out and about with all of these one of a kind pieces!

5 Likes

I love the trim on that first skirt. The leaves balance the white fringe nicely.

5 Likes

I think the word is “fetching” for your designs. So creative and eye-catching. I’m amazed at your productivity.

9 Likes

Every single piece is beautiful. You are incredibly creative.

2 Likes

Those designs are awesome!

2 Likes

Beautful!

2 Likes

They are all beautiful, as is all your creations. My favorite is the sunflowers.

3 Likes

Beautifully done! :clap:t5:

2 Likes

What’s the trim made out of? It looks so delicate, I’m curious if it’s tougher than it looks!

2 Likes

Sorry, I mean I glowforged the suede part of the trim lol. The white tassel is a lace trim

2 Likes

Ah! That part is beautiful too - but I imagine that lace is WAY stronger than anything cut out of fabric :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your creations are fantastic!

1 Like

Some really beautiful work! I love to sew … but my machine sees more repairs of clothing than actual sewing. Still, I enjoy seeing your projects very much.

2 Likes

Nice work! Are all of your engravings done on leather?

I love it all! You must have a fabulous social life. I would have no place to wear these amazing clothes.

1 Like

So in this post its all scuba suede from Joanns. Scuba suede is just suede with a neoprene interfacing. The neoprene really is what allows the fabric to hold up well with it being suede. I mainly do high polyester based fabrics. I have some other posts with fleece jackets and wool jackets. I do cotton based at times but it does not hold up as well.

3 Likes