Sewing machine “quilting”

Turned out beautifully.

1 Like

Excellent hardly covers it. How about AWESOMLY EXCELLENT!? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Jealous! Nice project and amazing results. Perfect top for an amazing base.

Stunning! The wood grains are fascinating in combination with the pattern. Thanks for the process photos, too!

Thanks! I love my glowforge!

2 Likes

ME TOO!!

Off. The. Hook. What a wonderful design and project. I imagine this wooden quilt will be a family heirloom.

People here create so many fantastic things.

1 Like

Love that!

Thanks!

Very nice :heart_eyes:

AWESOME! Can I ask how many pieces of each you used? This is similar to something I had in mind for a gaming / puzzle table to put in our game / puzzle room. Just curious of the dimensions.

Thanks!!

The dimensions of the table are 17 x 36”. I think I used one piece of each veneer for the cut outs and maybe another for the connecting strips, which I cut by hand.

I’ve been dying for my husband to come home from work so I could show him this piece. We are both completely blown away! So beautiful! Great work!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

What a great idea!

1 Like

thanks!

it only took one or two pieces of each veneer, then i cut strips by hand for the borders

Singer calls them belts. If you know your model number (check the serial) it’s likely you can get the exact one you need still. Generic belts you cut and splice together are available, too.

2 Likes

Beautiful. The Singer table is one of the few things I regret not keeping from my grandmother when I was young and stupid.

3 Likes

This is so beautiful! I’ll definitely show my students!