Shadowbox Acrylic Coasters and Snap Together Holder

Very clever, and gorgeous execution!

2 Likes

Made one of these for my mom. Thank you!

1 Like

!! That’s so clever!

I just was afflicted with some geniosity about these beautiful coasters! We have a family tradition of Christmas eve chili and white elephant gifts (love the one, hate the other). I wondered what to get for a not too expensive gift… I just finished etching these in 1/4" clear acrylic and modified the simpler base to fit the larger coasters. You guys who come up with these ideas are a great resource!

Grandma and I will be the hit of the party. One of our granddaughters will just go nuts over this rustic theme and fight anyone who tries to take them away. This keeps up another great family tradition - fighting over gifts! What a deal! :rofl:

10 Likes

They look great! I am pleased to help keep up the family tradition! :rofl: :wink:

5 Likes

You have been missed around these parts - and did we ever get to see that acrylic outfit?

7 Likes

Yes, you’ve been on my mind…

3 Likes

@dklgood - Yeah, work has been a little crazy and I am finally getting caught up! I need to design again! LOL. No, I haven’t put up the photos yet. Need to go through them and pick the one that looks the best. LOL

@arh2 - I have missed being in the forum. Thank the gods that it is finally starting to slow down and I can get back to the GF! How have you been?

7 Likes

These are great! Is there a way to separate into individual coasters? I have one that has a scratch on so I was just going to re-do that individual coaster instead of the whole set.

In the GFUI, drag the ones you don’t want off to the side (the black area around your bed). They’ll turn to dotted lines. Leave the one you want in the bed area and you can run just it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It only allows me to ungroup and move the ‘cut’ ouline squares. The 4 ‘etch’ images only move as a whole group of 4

Oh! You’re absolutely right. I must have separated them myself previously :slight_smile:
Here you go
ShadowboxCoasters_Separated.zip (128.9 KB)

2 Likes

Can do another ungroup and see if it’ll separate them then.

Thank you so much! I teach JR High and just have Silhouette Studio so still learning all the vector tricks.

1 Like

In this case the separating had to be done in a raster app (some apps have both, but Inkscape doesn’t) I use getpaint.net and then copy/pasted back into the vector cuts.

I’d been wanting to try this design for a while. My friends’ dog passed away suddenly and unexpectedly around Thanksgiving, and I just made this set for them. (I’m planning to give it to them on Sunday - don’t tell!) I bought the image on Etsy for a Cricut shadow box and adapted it. I’m not sure why the image is appearing sideways, but you guys should be able to see it, anyway.

14 Likes

That is so precious! What a thoughtful gift for them. They will love it.

2 Likes

It’s so thoughtful and it looks amazing! I am sure they will treasure it!

3 Likes

I was right! Your design was a hit with both granddaughters. I made the snap-together design from your site. I told my oldest daughter about the tea light box with the same pattern coasters and she wants me to make two of them. One she will keep, the other she’ll give to a friend who lives in a cabin. This was a real hit with family and friends (future in-laws to one of the twins).
Thanks again for the design ideas and I hope you have a Merry Christmas! We sure are having a great one.

3 Likes

Just seeing this! I am so glad that they were a hit!! I hope you had a great Christmas! Can’t wait to hear about the Tea Light Box!

4 Likes