Shadowbox Art Project

Hey all! I’ve been lurking here for a long while, watching all the cool projects you folks are making. I’ve finally come up with something I made on the GF that I thought was worth sharing:

My daughter had a school project to do a “biome diorama”. Her biome was the Taiga, and she had found a cool picture that she wanted to use as a reference. I’m no good at 3D modelling, but with a little Illustrator time, and some staining and gluing, we were able to come up with this shadowbox diorama. I like the way it turned out, and wanted to share it.

Thanks to everyone here for the awesome project ideas!

38 Likes

Nice work!
Never has it been easier or quicker for me to transform an idea into reality. Looks like 7 layers that give it that cool depth. Yeah, thanks for sharing that :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Wow, that turned out really well. Thanks for sharing. There are so many school project ahead.

1 Like

Beautiful! :grinning:

1 Like

All those layers of different woods add up to amazing!

1 Like

Really Beautiful

Wow, I always love seeing these multilayered projects. If you wanted to do something similar, you could try making a lightbox!

3 Likes

Really nice … The dark shadowed area at the front and the sun to the back. Nice!

1 Like

You get an A in this class.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I’ve got to say, this is a great community, I’ve learned a lot of great ideas. Thanks to everyone for sharing your expertise! :slight_smile:

2 Likes