Shadowbox Calendar

I love the idea of a perpetual calendar, and I love shadow boxes, so I combined the two to make a shadow box calendar. The day numbers store on top and the month tags in a box on the back.

The box is made with 1 sheet of 1/4" maple (and a scrap of another) and the date/month tags made from 1/8" wood. I cut the numbers from 1/16" wood (because the number blocks are two-sided); you could probably use 1/8" wood, but it may be a little too chunky.

Right now, I’ve finished 12 different inserts, (haven’t photographed them all) with many more rattling around in my head. The inserts are made with a variety of 1/4", 1/8", and 1/16" wood pieces. They make a fun DIY project.

45 Likes

Looks like you have been busy. Very nice idea.

13 Likes

That is just adorable!!

12 Likes

I love the interchangeable inserts!!

13 Likes

That is the coolest perpetual calendar ever! I love it!!

12 Likes

The interchangeable aspect of this is wonderful!

9 Likes

What a great idea you came up with. I like both too, but would have never thought of combining the too. Would love to see all you come up with!

10 Likes

That’s adorable! I could imagine the storage of all the shadowbox bits getting bigger and bigger as you find more and more things :smiley:

10 Likes

That is a great idea!

9 Likes

Fantastic job and a great combination! This is the kind of project I find super inspiring, not to mention adorable. The Oz gnomes are too cute!

9 Likes

I love this! What a cute idea.

8 Likes

Wow, very creative!

9 Likes

Super cute idea!

10 Likes

This is great! Your execution of the idea is so good.

5 Likes

Great fusion! With a gf innovation is endless!!

5 Likes

Love that these can fit any decor.

5 Likes

I think this might actually help a person keep the calendar updated.

I have several decor items that change with the season, but my perpetual calendar finally locked in on our anniversary date to never change again.

6 Likes

What a great idea

1 Like