Sharing/Renting forge time

Apologies if this is not the appropriate place for this. But has anyone attempted to rent Glowforge time to people? It is really cool to see that there is a Glowforge to use in Columbus Ohio’s Joann’s - it seems like there may be an opportunity to make that availability wider if people are willing to rent time on their systems. Is anybody offering this? And feedback on the topic?

2 Likes

Following

I remember seeing a thread somewhere discussing what hourly charges would be for providing this service. I only just dragged myself home from work, though, and only have about 3 working neurons left in my brain, so formulating intelligent forum searches pretty much impossible for me at the moment. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I suppose one of the problems is getting the word out (as with any small business). I would suspect everyone on this forum already has a Glowforge. I know you have to have one to post. I am not even looking to make much $$ - more of a way to meat fellow enthusiasts and offset some costs… I suppose I could post something at the local makerspace…

I think someone said that college students have a lot of need for this type of services at certain times of year. Might be a good starting place. If the local makerspace already has a laser cutter, they won’t really need that service, either.

1 Like