She is calling to me from the kitchen!

So I excitedly received my :glowforge: today! I was seriously like a kid on Christmas Eve all morning until it arrived. My home office window is not in straight sight of the road so I kept a window open so I could hear for the 'ol diesel engine UPS truck. Seriously, I live in a pretty busy small city right near a public works depot so I was checking outside a few times thinking it was him, lol. When he did come I heard my wife yelling from across the house “He’s here, he’s here!” she came skipping with excitement. I was trying to play it cool by saying “Honey, calm down” :joy: I was so happy for the delivery guy coming I got him a nice cold bottle of water and a Dunkin Donuts gift card for hauling it (with my help) up to the porch. The main unit’s box wasn’t too badly damaged but one of the white box locks/handles were missing. My Proofgrade came too but unfortunately I didn’t get the Accessories package and the packing slip showed it (I already contacted support via email). It was on my email as the same tracking number as the :glowforge:. Is that what you guys had too? Just curious. So anyway it is sitting on a cart in my kitchen calling out to me. EVen if I had the tray and other things, I am trying to meet a file deadline for my publication so no touchy until finishing this! (So hard though) Soon I will be posting some :glowforge: action! GF_package

56 Likes

Lookin’ forward to it!

4 Likes

Congratulations!

So sorry you have to continue to wait for the accessories before you can use it, even if your work was done.

3 Likes

Just got the support email and they sent me the correct tracking number for the box I am waiting for, should be here by end of day tomorrow. Now to get back to work!

5 Likes

Somewhere inside a California UPS hub there must be a stack of used plastic handles.

14 Likes

2 tracking emails here (my :proofgrade: and its tracking email showed up well ahead of my unit.)

3 Likes

Get crackin so you can get to the fun! Congrats!

2 Likes

Excellent! :tada:

1 Like

You got three handles? That’s one more than everyone else got. Jealous!

8 Likes

Yay! Congrats! Now, hurry up and finish so you can play!

2 Likes

well if you got one that is more than some of us, we haven’t even got our tracking numbers yet. :grinning:

3 Likes

How long of a gap was it? My Proofgrade arrived today, but still waiting on the tracking email for the Glowforge. Going crazy!

2 Likes

Yay!!!:tada::tada::tada:

For what it’s worth, I got The Email on August 10th, my Proofgrade arrived last Monday August 21st, I got the tracking for the Glowforge on the 22nd, and it arrived the following Monday, the 28th. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Sorry, Tennessee!

3 Likes

Thanks for the dates! In the event that dates are following similar timelines, I must be getting closer. (Well, I guess technically that’s always true.) I got my first email on the 16th and replied the 17th and Proofgrade came in today, so that’s on a similar schedule to yours so far. Looking like I won’t get it in time for the 3 day weekend, but it may arrive on the same day Destiny 2 drops. Shouldn’t complain, though, because I’m getting a unit and it will keep me busy in the best kind of way. :smiley:

2 Likes

It was two weeks from when I responded to my “do you want it email” until it shipped and three weeks until I received my machine. I live five UPS shipping days from the factory. I think the proofgrade arrived the next week from when I said yes. I think it is speeding up for pros. Basics seem to be much faster.

I got the email on the 23rd and the :glowforge: with the :proofgrade: arrived today.(I’m in Maine) It looks as if my Accessories are going to arrive tomorrow.

Thanks for the info, @chris1, @caribis2 and @jonny_firebrand! I’ll stop hijacking this thread as I just got my notification that the :glowforge: has shipped. There is hope for this weekend!

5 Likes

No, they are for sale on Ebay in bulk.

6 Likes

Man, that sucks. Like buying a car and the dealership delivering it to you but mailing the keys next week…