Shelf Liners

Not sure how useful this will be to others, but as a Practical Cut I wanted to share :slight_smile:

If you have this (or a like one) over-the-toilet storage shelf, do I have the shelf liners for you!

Bathroom shelf liner_V4
(right click to save!)

It takes a Pro or 2 separate cuts, but it’s tight enough that you need to put the ends in and then lower the center down to get it to fit - and then it’s locked in against the uprights.

It makes the shelves about 3" longer because they no longer cut in on the sides - and flat so your stuff doesn’t roll off at the slightest provocation :slight_smile: Made out of clear acrylic it’s surprisingly stealthy!

At least on mine the top shelf is sized slightly differently, but since I keep towels up there I didn’t put a liner on it. This worked on both the center and bottom shelf.

On that last shot, despite what it looks like!) there’s less than 1/8" difference between the wire shelf and the bottom of the acrylic - the acrylic rests on the cross bar.

Enjoy!

28 Likes

Great practical cut.

7 Likes

awesome!

3 Likes

Can you share a photo of the finished product? I’m not sure where on the shelving unit this piece goes.

3 Likes

It’s hard because they’re clear!

On that last shot, despite what it looks like!) there’s less than 1/8" difference between the wire shelf and the bottom of the acrylic - the acrylic rests on the cross bar.

14 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. I wasn’t sure if this went flat and connected to itself, or if this went up the sides and the teeth went in between the black wires. Very nice practical use of your Glowforge!

6 Likes

Love it! Those wire shelves are a real pain in the neck. The spacing is never right for my stuff and it either falls through or falls over.

7 Likes

Wonderful! Thank you!

2 Likes

Great idea! :bulb:

3 Likes

Your move has made your creativity explode! Awesome solve!

3 Likes

SO many little projects that I couldn’t do because the prior place was a rental means I clearly tamped down that part of my brain!

3 Likes

Following @evansd2 lead I’m #necrogame -ing my own thread. I know far too many people with these style shelves!

2 Likes