Shifted design

I was just bragging on this machine and then this happens, does anyone know why this may have happened. I didn’t touch the machine while it was engraving!?
My design shifted in the middle of a job. Please let me know what happened to cause this so it doesn’t happen again.

My guess is the head bumped something mid engrave - a hold down pin maybe?

2 Likes

I know I don’t normally use the pins for cutting boards so maybe but it doesn’t seem like the pin would’ve been in the way.

Well from your picture, the shift occured pretty close to where that pin is, so I think there was a collision.

Oh no! I’m so sorry your print didn’t turn out as expected.

I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and compared it with the details you’ve provided to investigate further.

I noticed for this particular print you printed with the Crumb Tray in. Could you tell me the specific thickness of the cutting board?

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @dklgood. I’m glad to see you figured out the issue @jeremyh . I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like