Shifting of Design

So the other night I cleaned my Glowforge. Since then im having trouble with it printing anything properly. A

I am not sure what to do anymore. it was working fine and now it isn’t.

What exactly do you mean by “not printing properly”?

its not doing my design properly on the acrylic… as you can see the titles above my rectangles shifted into the rectangle cut area

Ahhh…okay, the title bar was blocking that from view when I hovered.

That is strange. Is it just on that file? If so, I would suspect that the file is corrupted somehow. If that same kind of shift is happening when you try to print other files, it might be mechanical.

Support is likely to ask you to print the Gift of Good Measure on the extra sheet of Proofgrade Draftboard that they include for troubleshooting purposes, in roughly that area of the bed. If you want to do that, and include the time and time zone that you run the job, it helps them to make a quicker diagnosis of the potential problem.

ive used this same file before for many others on acrylic and it was fine. Till after it got cleaned it stopped, then it started shifting issue. I then went to try the metric little ruler on Draftboard to see if it works and it was fine so not sure… I’ve uploaded other wood tag design and I had some issue of where I placed it and then it would completely move off from where I placed and engrave it elsewhere. It’s just bizarre.

When you cleaned, did you remove the head? You might want to turn it off and check the pins on the ribbon cable to make sure that the connection is good and that no pins are bent.

1 Like

I checked and it looks like it’s seated in just fine

Oh, no it’s not, you’ve got that cable twisted…

hang on…let me see if I can find a picture - you don’t want any kinks in it…

I just took a picture of mine… disconnect the tabs at the head and then lay the cable so that it looks like this:

IMG_4489

It folds back over on itself before you plug it in, so that it can unroll properly inside the tracks. Bet that’s what’s causing it to hang up when it hits the kink in the cable.

9 Likes

Thank you!! Just fixed my ribbon… I will try again and report back… thanks so much for taking the time to help :slight_smile:

Good luck! :grinning:

1 Like

Definitely the ribbon! Everything is working great again!

Thank you once again =)

4 Likes

Oh, my pleasure! (Love it when it works!) :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer @Jules, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like