Shipping damage Shattered glass new glowforge

Anyone else have a problem with UPS literally dropping the Glowforge and leaving it WITHOUT a signature? Mine shipped from Kentucky it said.

1 Like

Wow, thatā€™s bad luck. Sorry! Mine came from Louisville, KY, too. The UPS guy told me he didnā€™t need a physical signature due to the pandemic, just as long as I acknowledged the shipment. I was waiting outside for him so that wasnā€™t a problem. I even helped him unload it into my garage. We have two UPS drivers that run our route. One is great and always takes care to unload properly and safely. The other just chucks the packages anywhere he can. I was fortunate to have the good driver on GF day. Anyway, I hope they send you a replacement as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it seems like all of the delivery services are hit-or-miss these days.

3 Likes

Oh man. Iā€™d be infuriated! I was waiting for mine. No signature, just as long as they drop it off with someone there. They should not have left it though. My box had some damage, but the inside survived. I made the UPS driver wait until I opened it up to check for damage. I donā€™t know why delivery drivers are careless. Of course, it could have been damaged before it was even loaded on the truck. Iā€™m confident the folks at Glowforge will make good on it. But it sucks that you have to wait even longer now.

3 Likes

So sorry about that. They really ā€˜drop shippedā€™ it!

2 Likes

well I got mine from the depot. I did it that way because there were stories of busted units arriving on porchesā€¦ so I didnā€™t trust them to bring it to me after waiting over 2 years or so.

and I am in Louisville, :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, that is such a disappointing start. I know Support will get a replacement to you and you will get up and running after this lousy delay.

2 Likes

Oh no that is so annoying. The box on mine was absolutely battered and I had my heart in my mouth when I opened it but luckily it was fine. So sorry it arrived in this condition :angry: :frowning_face:

2 Likes

This was my second machine, only the guy didnā€™t even load it on his truck. He heard the glass and sent it back.

1 Like

I might drive from NJ to Kentucky myself to avoid this happening againā€¦

1 Like

Honestly I canā€™t blame you. I waited for mine for 2+ years. so when it was on the way I signed up for UPS mychoice and said ā€œyo, I will come to the depotā€ which luckily wasnā€™t that far from my house. But the smashed on arrival stories scared the crap out of me after waiting so long, to get a box load of pieces. I couldnā€™t take that risk.

2 Likes

Oh no! I absolutely hate it when this happensā€”so frustrating and disappointing. Weā€™ll be getting you a replacement: Iā€™ve sent you an email with the details.

2 Likes