Shipping Outside the US

Well, actually this is inside the US. I have a friend who has a friend who lives near Seattle and she said that I can use her address, get stuff shipped to her using my GF Credit and then we’ll arrange to have it shipped to me… Simple and straightforwards enough (or so I thought).
I entered her address and tried to buy something from the catalogue as a test. Firstly, when I entered her address, it kicked up an error and said that UPS couldn’t validate the address as it wasn’t complete. So I checked on UPS and they said it was fine. So I read the message again and, when I entered her zipcode as XXXXX-XXXX, the GF error only had the XXXXX number. So I said confirm anyway and it seemed to accept it and I didnt get the ‘we can’t ship outside the US message’ . So I picked the simple coasters, it says it will use my credit’ and then it sits there, with a spinning line/circle thing and nothing happens. When I log out and in, it has my original address…

Am I doing something wrong or it this just a GF glitch thing?

Thanks for asking about this. It sounds like this problem may have to do with your specific account, so I’ll follow up in a separate email.

I’m going to close this thread, also. If you have any other questions, please feel free to start a new topic or reach out to us at support@glowforge.com