Shop front model

Whilst I’ve been a tad busy, I did find time to make this model of a shop front in my village. It’s in 1:48 scale, around 8 3/4 inches wide in total. The basic shapes were cut from 1.5mm mount (matt) board, same for the window frames. Lots of hand cut card pieces and even some 3D printed parts are there too. The guttering is made from heavy foil from an oven ready meal.
There’s a few detail touch-ups to do before I enclose the whole thing in a box frame. For reference, there’s a picture of the actual shop too. As a volunteer in Made by Kent (where I also sell some craft items) I had plenty of time to look. The building is several hundred years old and typical of the buildings in the village (Staplehurst, Kent, England).

The village is dated to around 1040AD and has around 110 listed buildings, meaning they are of historical importance. My own house was built in the 1930s and isn’t very special.

21 Likes

Wow, that is some amazing detail!!

You paid attention to even the smallest details. That is really incredible.

1 Like

WOW. This group never fails to amaze me. Love the replicated weathered window frames. Truly an art!

2 Likes

I think weathered is lazy painting :grin: There’s some touching up to do before I commit it to a frame.

You did a fantastic job! It looks exactly like the real thing.

1 Like

Ohmygosh, the detail is outstanding! Love it, love it! :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Wow! Really amazing detail!

1 Like

That is really amazing. Inspiring work.

1 Like