Shop Setup

Of course they would. If I wasn’t a computer network engineer who happened to have heard of halotron before, I wouldn’t know anything about it for use with my laser or why I would want to. Many people will reference it and people reading those references will need to know. That said, I’m certainly not going to debate the benefits of providing information to people that they might not have.

haha, okay!

So is Halotron banned in the UK? I thought it was supposed to be a ozone friendly replacement for Halon, which I assume is banned. I am a resident but know very little about fire extinguishers.

I got a dry powder ABC one for my workshop full of 3D printers but have never had a fire. Seems like the best alternative for not causing damage.

yeah if you search around to buy one, you discover it very quickly. it’s banned as a greenhouse gas, like back in the early 2000s (and in the EU as well) but companies with systems in place were able to get exemptions until about now - but there’s no more left to buy. it’s always been relatively uncommon in hand extinguishers, instead mostly used in big setups where water / chemicals / mess are a big concern (airports, server farms, etc).