Should I recalibrate camera on a new machine?

We have just had a new GF basic delivery to the UK. Can we just say how impressed we are with the product, in build quality and ease of setup, a true delight to a tech lover. The alignment seems a little off at present on our first test cuts. Should we have recalibrated the camera once the machine was out the box?

3 Likes

Yep, go ahead. They can get jostled rather a lot during shipping, as you can imagine. And congratulations! You’re gonna love it! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think Calibration should be a part of every first setup. It has not been long available so is probably not in the official setup? It should be the first thing before any cuts,

Thanks for the reply. Couldn’t spot it in the setup instructions, but will run it now.

1 Like

I’ve only had mine for a few months. With a machine like this i don’t have the tolerance to have been an early adopter, and so far have been highly frustrated with the inability to properly get pass through cuts aligned. However a couple days ago i ran the camera alignment and am much pleased. I haven’t tried another pass through job yet but here is a picture of scrap. All items were cut out at different times.

Before the alignment i had cut the rabbits posted in the shared section out of cardboard to amuse the kids and lost a buns nose due to the cut not being where it looked like it should have been in the cameras view.

It looks like your Glowforge is performing to specifications. If you’d like, you can use the Camera Recalibrator to see if further improvement is possible. It will only make changes if it can make your camera more accurate; otherwise, it will exit without any changes. It takes about half an hour.

Thanks for the suggesting the recalibrator as well @Jules. I’m going to close this thread - if you run into any other trouble, go ahead and post a new topic or email us at support@glowforge.com

1 Like