Show and Tell

Thanks Rich, but it is the example of @dwardio that inspired me because it highlights the best of our nature.

We all know how it feels to screw up badly, and how that feeling in your gut confirms that failing.
The other side of that coin is when you see a need and step up to fill it, you don’t need to hear any confirmation you did good - you can feel it!
I know that Dennis and his Wife smiled all the way home filled with that warmth.

I’ll tell you something else I know. After filling that need, the sense of accomplishment he has inside leaves him feeling that he owes Sarah thanks for the gift she gave him, the opportunity to step up and be left with experiencing a treasure that money can’t buy - that warm good you feel inside. :sparkling_heart:
Like I said, a lesson in humanity. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Wow so cool…love the etching on blue glass. Andall your versions of dogs are awesome😄 the car window one made me lol

4 Likes

Very nice work!
Thank you for adding yours to the group!

4 Likes

Thanks. :slight_smile: The hare with a trained snail image is from a medieval book called “Pontifical of Guillaume Durand” from around 1390. Crazy rabbits was a common theme back then.

20 Likes

:astonished: I didn’t even notice the trained snail before! That is even better!

7 Likes

Thought this was as good as any to share this YouTube link:

32 Likes

Nicely done! Looks like you’re building a nice set of video skills to go with your Glowforge skills. Thanks for posting.

7 Likes

Nice work there, thanks for all your time!
The machine indoctrination is going smooth with improvements in YouTube skills from the education that has been thrust upon you.
Your demos are very enlightening. :sunglasses::+1:

7 Likes

Fantastic job Marion! (And I’m incredibly relieved we finally figured out what I was doing wrong.):grin:

I’ll be writing up some of the snags i hit with that particular file design after the holidays, and we’ve got some really amusing pictures of the first attempts …we thought it would be a good idea for you guys to see the process so you’ll know what not to do with your vector designing. :smirk:

(Most of them stemmed from taking the files from AI (which I have) into Inkscape (which Marion has) and my unfamiliarity with Inkscape, but I got a lot better at it this week. It’s not difficult. Chuckle!)

And Marion very kindly let me watch this thing in action last night. You guys are going to be very pleased.

I was.

14 Likes

Well, with nothing to occupy my wife (and since I don’t look as busy), I took on the final 2 rooms of carpet demo, sub-flooring tightening down, sub-flooring smoothing (1/4" HardiBoard) and new laminate floor installed (with the help of my son as general laborer).

Carpet and padding removal

Sub-flooring (animal stains and all)

HardiBoard backer board (smooth surfacing and adding density of noise deading)

20 year old (mostly blind) cat inspecting the work

Finished flooring (baseboard is tomorrow’s task)

For the love of God (@dan ), please get the pre-production units out the door. I need to get my wife involved with the GF :glowforge: and not creating more honey-do’s. This is the work area that is setup for the cutting (and yes it is in the sub 10 degree (F) temperatures):

OK, OK I confess… The flooring is the wife’s Christmas gift.:kissing_heart:

UPDATED: Pictures after the wife made the room ready for Christmas :gift: :christmas_tree:

37 Likes

Re did the animal room flooring. had a bunch of partial area rugs. impossible to clean if a bunny has an accident as they are huge. so I said how about tiles. also the advantage of that is I could have a more consistent run and more traction for the buns. this was a project about 3 weeks ago just forgot to post it. came out really well and I’m happy, floor cleans perfect its a rubber back with carpet top. buns have good traction and Colby is now with berta full time, with the virgin run it kind of “de territory’s” the room so more neutral to complete the bonding

before, (room is a bit of a mess) Colby is isolated as he was still being introduced to berta.

after

LOL and as if on queue as soon as I was done putting the room together berta said o time to mark. gave a good test to the clean ability. worked exactly as I planned. and as you can see I was not able to even get the computer desk put fully together as the UPS is still out

17 Likes

For some reason, the grey one (in the middle) of the room has the look of “is he going to found out what I did”?

Do the rabbits not try to chew on the rubber?

3 Likes

the rubber is the back side, no they have not tried to eat it. in the old picture those are foam tiles under then pen, and they did start to eat them so no no longer run those

ya you like how she pulled that tile out

3 Likes

Are you turning off the GF :glowforge: because of the noise, or lights being on, or power consumption or the as part of the pre-production model, you are requested to power down when not actively using it?

Also, do you know if new firmware is being pushed out to yours or do you notified that there is new firmware and you need to start the update?

Yeah for bunnies!

I hear ya…this is the current condition of the last part of the house to be redone…
Husbands friend who installs floors professionally is coming Thursday to do it for drinks and dinner!

I did the living and dining room as well as the 2 bedrooms…I’m done…no more for me…lol
Had to get some cheap throw rugs though since the carpet got pulled last week…lol
Thats our cat Meastro and the tail of Mr. Waffle

10 Likes

You are SO thorough in your videos…it is much appreciated! Thank you.

5 Likes

Nothing to occupy the wife… My dad’s dreaded thought. One summer we dug/built/tiled a 7mX4m 1.5m deep pool in the garden because of that. It’s really cool now, but was a pain that summer. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just like others said, really informative and well constructed video. I liked that even though you showed the full print time you fast forwarded, only showing highlights. Also the screen+printbed dual ‘camera’ setup clears up a lot of questions for a lot of people I think.

Well done.

3 Likes

Nice friend (who is willing to do the work for drinks, dinner and company - especially knowing how their knees and back will feel once the job is done).

Even better that it is his actual job.

Amber (our cat) would not come onto the sub-flooring (and only very little time on the HardiBoard). She came out onto the laminate and even the plastic/foam padding, but stopped at the exposed edge where the HardiBoard was.

See even took up residence in my Tech Cave, because “her” couch had been moved. Had to make a bed for her in the Tech Cave. Even had to set up a heat, because of sub-zero overnight temps - only heat source are several running computers.

The things we do for the “kids”

12 Likes