Show and Tell

Occupational hazard, a few are pretty cool though.

1 Like

It’s in the hopper :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Cool, I have a friend that was a test pilot on the B2 program. he said it was AWESOME. LOL

You don’t really save money either way these days, unless you happen to get lucky with a sale. The beauty in making your own is you get the exact parts you want, so you can use something like http://www.userbenchmark.com/ and https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ and really get your monies worth. You also don’t have the massive bloat of crapware that comes pre-installed on ready made machines.

The downside is if something doesn’t work, you’ve got to figure it out.

2 Likes

Lenovo has some great business laptops (check out the p50 or p70 series).
I like the power of the msi mentioned, but it’s on the ugly side…and weighs a ton…not that the Lenovo p70 is a lightweight…
Comes down to if you want a desktop or laptop on the end.

1 Like

New box.

I’m quite pleased with it.:slight_smile:

54 Likes

That is beautiful! :astonished:

4 Likes

Wow, that’s incredible.

3 Likes

Wow – that’s an amazing design. :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you all.
The little holder at the end is detachable and the scrolls are kept in there. When people want to study the scroll it can be placed into the reader (as I’m calling it) which holds it in place with magnets. This is what it looks like in storage mode.

29 Likes

What a beautifully finished project! Very clever design.
That fabric wrap, so cool. What is the material, canvas?
Obviously the touch of a professional. :+1:

6 Likes

Thank you so much.:grinning:
The fabric is actually archival linen. It does come in other colours, but this is my favourite and its amazingly tough and hard wearing.
The fabric in the lining of the reader is actually Tyvek, which I use due to its low friction properties.

10 Likes

Can’t wait to be able to post one in the “Made on a Glowforge” section.:slight_smile:

12 Likes

It’s clear now why ‘Him indoors’ was so motivated to build you that wonderful studio! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Had to zoom in and still thought it was a 3D render until I saw the real scroll. Perfection. Great job. Let’s get this woman a Glowforge!

8 Likes

Stop it now. I’m starting to blush.

8 Likes

Thank you kind sir.
Think I might have to wait a bit though. I’m an overseas customer.
I will admit the “Green eyed monster” has started raising his head higher and higher since pre-production units started going out and I’m seeing all the great work you guys are doing though.

7 Likes

Wow, truly stunning work! Definitely looking forward to what you will do with the Glowforge!

4 Likes

Thank you.
Me too!

3 Likes

Bridget, I was pleased that as soon as I saw the box pic, I recognised your work :smiley:

But then I do have the advantage of seeing the reality !
John

5 Likes