Show and Tell

Do not know what kind of lathe you have, my lathe is a wood lathe.
Used it to turn the wood form, get some round disk and make a couple of tools and you can do that on your lathe.

3 Likes

Nice spinning there. Never tried it but it looks so fluid, must be fun!
Thanks for sharing with us.

Nice work Mary!
Thanks for the share!

1 Like

You almost make me want to explore 3D printing… very cool!

2 Likes

Very nice job!! Those are amazing (Always keep extra fiddly bits in stock !) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very interesting :yum:
I will have to look into that :grin:

1 Like

I recommend a lathe wholeheartedly :yum:

Good on you for the two drill presses👍

One of those is on my list to get for my new shop someday :wink:

2 Likes

We’ve decided that we wanted our Glowforge this xmas. This is what we came up with. It’s a bit small. And the laser power is 0W. But it’s ours.

Here is the picture of the honeycomb bed.

The model I made was accurate (visually) as to the actual unit. It was not really made for 3D printing. Hence why the handle for the lid came out like crap. I may give it another shot with the proper changes to make it a look better. Kinda thought about milling out the top with acrylic and what not and use black vinyl for the features shrug

54 Likes

ohman, if that thing is big enough to stuff a laser-pointer down inside…

11 Likes

900 truffles made another 900 to go ( please don’t judge the bits of chocolate Everywhere in the fridge

also working on a new kitchen remodel nothing fancy just in stock cabinets from home depot. brother got some scrap phenolic counter from work so trying to make it work. don’t have any good pictures will work on kitchen picture projects after done with truffle project

34 Likes

Got any scrap? I’ll take them…please? PLEASE? :yum: :yum: - Rich

4 Likes

of the phenolic? It weighs a butt load i don’t think shipping would be practical

1 Like

Geez! I have to remember to be very careful and specific with my posts here…heh, heh… I WANT CHOCOLATES!! :joy: - Rich

7 Likes

Yeah, I was gonna ask too, but It’d melt before it got here! :wink:

2 Likes

so they are pretty stable at room temp, they get soft but they don’t turn into a pile of goo. it is winter so they would be shipping in as the expression goes gods fridge. buy ya anyway I think all in all I’m going to have 15 flavors (have not decided yet) each batch is 108 (two molds each 54) 10 1,620 pieces. I have not figured out what the work divvy is yet (the team puts money in a hat so that I can pay for a portion so that I can bring in a boat load for them. and then what there contribution doesn’t cover is what I was out of pocket so then I put together family packs, and neighbors etc…

I did have a problem last year, a every immature person kept going around o ‘clone’ brought in chocolates with booze you can get so wasted on them. the fact of the matter is that there is only 100ml at MOST of liquore (already has a low abv) divided by 108 choclates is less then 1ml of any ‘booze’ and I’m boiling it all anyway. but needless to say that cause me problems. so this year I am boiling the snot out of it even thought by the math I shouldn’t have to boil it at all. so the down side is I think this is going to hurt my flavors allot because I have to cook most if not all of it off. :frowning: I am rather upset about that

3 Likes

I pretty much just work with engineers, they notice and ask and then I just say average truffle is 16g, the maximum alcohol is 90g of 80 proof in a batch and a batch is seven dozen. They do the math and figure out it’s enough to taste and that is it. I’m not sure the sales and marketing people even notice. My friends are pretty much all in the service industry, so like they care and the family is all from Wisconsin.

Your co-worker is a word not suitable for this forum.

5 Likes

Ya indeed, and like some of the stuff is only 20abv(40 proof) … So you could drink and entire 750 and not get drunk you would get sick from the sugar first but ya. Like I said very immature and ruins it for everyone else as well as makes me have to produce a treat that is not as flavor full as I would desire

4 Likes

Hand sculpture and digital sculptures 3D printed

41 Likes

Scary! :smile:
(Nice print job on those skulls too…fangs are hard to get right.)

4 Likes

So much inspiration here! You guys are so talented and diverse.

I dabble in batik, tie dye, silkscreen, sandblasting, vinyl cutting and a bunch of other artsy/graphic work. (I design and make dog show awards and Tshirts for several clubs in my area.) I also make dog jacket and leads. My poor hubby panics every time I get excited about something new and start moving furniture around to make room for it. I was working him to get me a bunch of welding equipment and it had him a bit worried I think. It worked out well when I freaked out over the Glowforge and agreed to forgo welding giant metal sculpture in the garage for a laser lol.

\

39 Likes