Show and Tell

Awesome stickers! (very schizo music!) :sunglasses:

1 Like

Last spring I worked on a project where I intentionally took some panoramic photographs with the tripod setup all wonky (sorry for the technical jargon). I stitched the images together using different projection methods and displayed them as diptychs, triptychs, and quadtychs depending on the subject.

I named the project Trip-Tychs. It was a lot of fun and much more successful than I had expected. I went to the WPPI convention when it was in town and won a coupon for a free book. This is how it turned out:

Front and back cover - I later added spine text when I reprinted it.

Trip #1 - Evening Star Mine

Trip #2 - USPS Navigation Arrow

Trip #3 - Corral, Mormon Mesa, NV

Trip #4 - Evening Star Mine

Trip #5 - Joshua Trees, Mormon Mesa, NV

Trip #6 - Abandoned Cement Plant

Trip #7 - Abandoned Cement Plant

Trip #8 - USPS Navigation Arrow

Trip #9 - Abandoned Cement Plant

Trip #10 - Abandoned Cement Plant

Trip #11 - Abandoned Cement Plant

Trip #12 - Abandoned Cement Plant

Trip #13 - USPS Navigation Arrow

Trip #14 - Evening Star Mine

Trip #15 - Ashford Mill

There is one more that didn’t make the book because it had to be a multiple of 5 pages. Ironically Trip #16 was the first pano I shot in this series. It is near Zabrinski Point in Death Valley, CA.

Hope this post isn’t too long. :sweat_smile:

Enjoy!

56 Likes

Beautiful! :relaxed:

6 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile:

This was part of a class called Big Digital - all about making big prints. I purchased a 24" wide roll of Epson Glossy Metallic paper and used about 80 feet to print out the project.

The larger sections are 24 x 36 and the smaller ones are 24 x 16. Both sizes are in the 2:3 aspect ratio.

It was a lot of fun and I will be continuing the series in the future.

15 Likes

Those are fascinating!

4 Likes

That wasn’t too long for me - nice composition and special effects!

5 Likes

Your photos are awesome. Each picture makes me want to study it. Great subject matter. Thanks for sharing. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Those are amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Such a fascinating variety of skills here, these are all so fantastic! Thanks to all of you for sharing your work and inspiring me to finally share mine here. :slight_smile: I pretty much live for creative projects, so there are a lot of random things I could show, but my primary focus is creating photographs, frequently composite images that feature sets I’ve made, so I’ll show a few of those. My main motivation for getting the glowforge is to take my set building to a new level. I have so many plans for sets that are more complicated and detailed than I can easily do by hand, so glowforge delivery day can’t come soon enough!

You can see more at Lenorephoto.com if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

43 Likes

That ladder one is extremely interesting…higher than the clouds…makes you wonder where the ladder ends. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Beyond cool and SUPER groovy.

1 Like

Wonderful work! Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

Set building sounds like such an imaginative use for your :glowforge: . I do hope you’ll share the results here.

A FB friend helped to build some of the sets for a photo series called the Color Project, and they shared a lot of behind the scenes images as they worked on it. It was amazing to see how much creativity and effort goes in to making these ideas a reality!

5 Likes

Thanks, I will definitely share results here!

Your friends project is great, I love seeing work where you just know someone is letting their imagination run completely wild! I bet they had a lot of fun making those. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Absolutely not too long and absolutely lovely photos!

2 Likes

These are very imaginative, creative and cool looking photos!

1 Like

Wow! Beautiful

1 Like

Just printed a test run of my 2017 calendar. Still needs work…and a frame…and a printer that understands how cut and bleed work. It’ll get there.

41 Likes

Those really are stunning !! (good heavens you must have gone through gallon$ of ink!!).

5 Likes

Amazing photos!!

2 Likes

Very nice work!
The variety of your work requires a nimble perspective. Nothing like new challenges. Thanks for sharing! :sunglasses:

5 Likes