Show me your mess

I don’t see ANY mess. That is so well organized!

6 Likes

I would have your mess at a tiny percentage of the volume by just cutting all the corners. I get a lot of “L”-shapes, an immense pile of narrow sticks, and a lot of 2->4" wide planks that I frequently look at first before starting on a full sheet. Then, if what I am looking for will fit on a 3" wide plank it is a lot easier to find what I want.

Since I make a lot of fingered boxes and I try to hold to a minimum set of standard sizes, I get a lot of “sticks” with fingers on one or both sides. 2 “sticks” with matching fingers make a strong “angle iron” shape that is very good at spreading a point pressure out across a line and have many in several sizes spread out all over to use in many situations.

4 Likes

Not showing mine!!

I do not want to be turned in for an episode of hoarders!!

The entire house except the bathrooms. Prototypes have taken over my house!!!

5 Likes

I know isn’t that nice. But if you look real hard you will see a mess, that’s what my wife says.

3 Likes

Your Christmas gift list is filled! I have frequently sold stuff too cheap as I needed the room.

2 Likes

While I’m 100% aware this wasn’t supposed to be a guilt trip, let’s say I was inspired by this thread to get off my duff and actually set up my workspace.
So thanks! :smiley:

10 Likes

That feels so good, doesn’t it! Good job.

4 Likes

Nice. I have mine on a tool cabinet also. The drawers work great to store all my tools and boards: cardboard, proof grade, regular plywood, etc

3 Likes

Hey get out of my shop! :laughing:

4 Likes

If a rat appears use the mace I sent you.

@rbtdanforth

Last night I was sleeping soundly and I was suddenly awakened because Jimmy Wayne Westie was growling and screaming at the top his lungs—- “Get your gun—I hear an intruder!!”

I knew the house was secure because the alarm would be going off. I checked all the outside security cameras and I did not see anything. I had to pull Jimmy Wayne Westie towards me and stick him underneath the covers because he did not want to quit barking and growling. He was hearing something I was not hearing.

About 15 or 20 minutes after this fiasco started — I heard a loud sound. Instantly my mind thought “Someone is in the house and in the living room.” Since Eric and I do not sleep in the same room I had to yell to wake him up!!”

It was not even 90 seconds later I heard a round being chambered into the Mossberg.

If you have a loaded firearm you absolutely do not run into a dark room —-you wait until the intruder makes a move. Also all verbal communication in the home needs to be silent.

I knew Eric was in the kitchen. After a couple of minutes of silence Eric turns the kitchen light on to see what is happening in the living room.

My large stack of eBay diorama “prototypes” and fallen off the coach and onto the table.

Jimmy Wayne Westie heard the first diorama fall and I heard the 2nd one fall.

This weekend all prototypes will be sold or given away!!!

3 Likes

< insert Westinghouse joke here>
Why did they fall? Was a rat checking out the living quarters? Deciding which diorama couch would be most comfortable?

2 Likes

It was probably the ghost of my mother in absolute shock seeing the once Better Homes and Garden living room turned into a warehouse for all of the eBay dioramas, Glowforge catalog prototypes and laser machine materials.

When I purchased the eBay store last October—- I not see into the future that my house would be taken over with 1/64 and 1/50 scaled dioramas. A few of those dioramas are almost 3 feet in length.

4 Likes

7 Likes

It’s nice to see someone who has WAY more room than me still ends up with material balanced next to their machine :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am wondering what you do with the exhaust on the pro. Do you bring the entire cart someplace? I am totally amazed by all the 3dprinters. :thinking:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.