Sign for my wife's office

My wife really liked the sign I made as a gift for a friend so she asked me to make a double sided pub style sign for her team at work. I am really happy with the way it came out. Once again I took advantage of the masking to make my paint work look a lot cleaner than it would be otherwise. For me the hardest part of this was making the vines interact with the main body they way they do. Making a line cut one place and score the other turned out to be a lot harder than I expected and took several hours.

72 Likes

That’s incredible!

I’ve had that challenge too - breaking up lines between cutting & engraving in a single piece makes my brain hurt a little.

17 Likes

Well done @Kallisti
Really like the style, and I know your struggle with line work like you mentioned. Hurts my brain just like @dan says.

6 Likes

What program are you using? I guess I’m spoiled with CorelDraw…it handles stuff like that very easily…

6 Likes

Those came out fantastic!!Any pictures ofthe work right out of the machine (before painting?)… or during?

4 Likes

The same with Illustrator.

Fantastic looking signs! :sunglasses: :+1:
(You might have found your niche!)

2 Likes

You are really good at that!
The mirror of the vine is great. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Displaying the signs pointing 2 different directions for beer hurts my head :slight_smile:

6 Likes

All directions lead to beer.

15 Likes

Point taken. Cheers!

4 Likes

Inkscape or Illustrator.

3 Likes

Sadly, no. I didn’t take any progress photos of this one. Sorry.

2 Likes

That looks great!

Are those two halves of a single sign that will be glued back-to-back?

Yes. I need to fabricate a middle layer for the hanging hardware to attach to still though.

3 Likes

Fantastic sign. It also answers the old question of what’s cooler than being cool.
Alright alright alright alright!

2 Likes
4 Likes

This guy knows what’s up.