Signage from old things

Gracias Senõr Dan!

1 Like

Brilliantly done! I tip my hat to you, sir! Let us know what it ultimately sold for.

2 Likes

That is exceptional, and as someone who really struggles with pricing as well, I would suggest going higher for a one off like that. In that case you also need to consider all your design time. If you were making multiples, then that time cost could be spread out over the price of all the items. In this case, the original is it. I think it was someone on this forum, quoting someone else (maybe @dan) “If you’re not embarrassed by your asking price, then you’re not asking enough!” Personally, I’m still trying to get there :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for the compliments and the advice on pricing! I really appreciate y’all! This forum is pretty radical badical (that’s a good thing).

3 Likes

Sweet

1 Like

Not saying you need to laser something but I hope you can build on a wall hanger of some sort, help your customer out, especially at a premium price. Even if it’s just gluing a block on it with a ridge, something that can catch a nail.

1 Like

Agreed, to me the brilliance comes from mixed media and benefiting from the functionality of something else, appending the laser artwork to it. Not trying to be esoteric, but about realizing that lasered together pieces becomes trendy and gets old, whereas using mixed elements, you keep it fresh and increase the value with aesthetic and customization.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, I tried to find this tart pan. Best I can find (price-wise) is this: https://www.bakedeco.com/detail.asp?id=258 which comes in a variety of sizes. For some reason, sites don’t seem to show the bottom of the pan… haha

1 Like

I think Im subconsciously drawn to it because it looks like a giant reeses peanut butter cup

9 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

Nice reuse of old and new, love the blend of materials used! Super classy result!

1 Like

Already did that! Good thinking!

looks fantastic! thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Start high because you can always go down but you can never go up in price once it’s been put out there. My estimated value is somewhere between $80-100. I used the run markets in ATL and that is what I would expect something like that to go for reasonably. However, most vendors in ATL would probably try charging $300 and would complain that it isn’t selling. You always want to be on the higher end of reasonable without tipping over into offensive.

3 Likes

love this idea of placing cutouts on a found object!

1 Like