Simple 2021 Pandemic Christmas Ornament

Quick, easy ornament for 2021 :smiley:

Reminder for any new Glowforgers that this is free for your personal use only. To save the file, Just right click on the file image and then select “Save Image As” then save to your device.

2021 ornament

28 Likes

Thank you! I sure hope we don’t need a similar ornament at this time next year.

10 Likes

Many thanks – nicely sums it up!

4 Likes

Nice ornament. However I reserve giving Likes to things I actually like. And I don’t like being reminded. :no_mouth:

7 Likes

umm ok.

2 Likes

Some people cope with life by laughing. Finding humor in every single day.
That’s how I’ve survived (not only just a lifetime of hard situations, but) my child having cancer, for one thing, all of the things that go with that that I can’t describe adequately in a short comment.

7 Likes

Thanks!! Nice share…exactly my thoughts. LAST one about Covid!! :grinning:

4 Likes

Very nice share! This will pass sometime. The COVID ornament will be some interesting story starters for sure!

4 Likes

That is a great way to think about it! I’ve also been hesititant about making anything COVID, I kind of don’t ever want to be reminded about it either :joy_cat:

Thank you for sharing your design @trually ! And don’t mind @rpegg, he doesn’t do sarcasm, just truthful :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I was actually joking with only a hint of reality. But it 's OK if anyone assumed I was intentionally being an ass. I’m sure there are plenty of times when it’s deserved.

4 Likes

@rpegg lolol I’m fluent in sarcasm, I think it’s my first language lol just kidding. It’s just how I survive. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@jamely honestly, I think it’s important for my kids to look back and what they’ve been through and acknowledge how hard things were and how well they did. It’s part of our story! But also for them, I can’t even imagine what that will be like to look back years later and think about going through this as a child. My kids were already going through a lot when the younger one had >27 months of chemo. Spending so much time at the hospital, getting poked through a port in her chest, getting chemo that made her so sick she would just cry… And her brother having to give up much of his time and ability to go do things in public to keep her healthy. That was before covid. Do when she finished treatment, covid hit right away… This is so hard but it’s teaching them so much! Resilience that will help them in life. Perseverance. Ok I’ll step off my soapbox now :rofl: I just think that with every bad situation, we learn so much. We also learned who was really here for us. And it wasn’t what I expected.

4 Likes

It is terrible that growing resiliency tends to be because of horrible experiences one had to survive through. Your silver lining view is great and helps turn the experience to a better note in the end. Here’s to healthy and resilient kids!

3 Likes

Yes!
Sometimes I wonder if some of our current societal problems are related to people not having to struggle as much and being used to having everything they need and want. I don’t know. Like the previous generations who lived through the depression, for example. I think they would see things differently than people today.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t waste your time explaining my quirky sense of humor, or lack there of… My fault that it wasn’t obvious. But for future reference, I only have two modes: informational; or dry humor. I don’t do sarcasm or anything remotely based on emotion. Sarcasm usually involves contempt and can have an insulting intent, etc. That’s too deep for me.

1 Like

Sarcasm doesn’t always have to involve ill intent. Most of the time, my use of sarcasm does not. Sometimes it does lol but generally speaking I’m nice to people who are nice to me. I do have a snarky side but I try to keep it in check. I’m not perfect at all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Never will be.

Yeah the quantity of special characters needed for my design for 2022 will go up significantly if we need one for next year. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Gotta love it!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the file!!! I think this is pretty funny and what is needed? Something to make us laugh!

2 Likes