Simple caddy (embellished)

What about a “drop-in” panel HOLDER that would let you put (and replace) various themed inlaid (or other types of ) designs in place?

2 Likes

Very doable! Hopefully someone will and post pictures!

Thank you for sharing !

1 Like

Sorry, I am fairly new to this but I don’t see the link to the file. Can you help me?

1 Like

You right click the drawing of it, and then choose save as. If you are using Chrome, it will save correctly as an svg file. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Downloaded Chrome and how easy was that. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hey everyone! I was experimenting with something to embellish this caddy, and thought I would share. I like how it turned out! And it matches the tissue box holder I already did, I’ll share that one too shortly.

For this overlay, I cut it out of PG medium basswood, which is what I have (well, I do have some nice unfinished maple, but I used the last of my sanding masks for finishing, and I guess I won’t be able to get any more of those for a while). Actually PG is easier due to the delicate nature of the cutouts.

Anyway, here is how it turned out. The fit was not terribly tight, probably because I designed it for other wood, but it did go together pretty well with glue (I am sorry, I can’t provide help on kerf adjusting the tabs, I can barely do it myself :slight_smile: )

Once the three pieces are glued, it slides over the existing caddy, so you can change it out if you like, or you can just glue the whole thing to the unit, either way. To save the design, right click on the drawing below and save as svg.

caddy_overlay

13 Likes

Nice upgrade!

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Love the pattern!

2 Likes

What a great idea to dress it up. I love the two layer & color look. Thnaks!

1 Like

VERY nice!!

1 Like

Oh my!!! I used to have so many of those! And the ones that had a jewel as the belly button!

How do I get the pattern?

1 Like

Right click the images, and then save as. It should default to svg file type (if using Chrome).

1 Like

Select all did not work for me. Maybe I did not have enough coffee this morning? I cannot find bottom plate in original
pattern.
Please help a noobie

It wouldn’t all fit in a 12x20 art board. Scroll down or zoom out and you should see it.

Thank you. Once I opened and saved again under Chrome browser it worked perfectly. I appreciate your patience with those of us who are rather dense !

1 Like

Thank you for the nice file.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like