Simple engrave on black glass.. cabochon?

It’s more of a black glass worrystone thingy. This is really just a test of the material.

The engrave kind of looks silvery in person. Cool.

Here’s the tag, got at Hobby Lobby on a whim, the bag probably has 60 or more of them.

Overall dimensions are about 1.5" x 1" x 0.37", each piece varies slightly, like most glass things.

28 Likes

Interesting result!

2 Likes

One of the first things I tried when I got my GF… Mine did not come out near as nicely as yours! Maybe I’ll give it another try…they’re in a box around here somewhere…

2 Likes

Put funny or inspiring sayings on them and leave them in random places. Could be fun!

4 Likes

I was thinking that too! A while back, people in my neighborhood were doing that, but usually just things written in sharpies. Or, put weird symbols on them and tell the kids the aliens must have left them :rofl:

3 Likes

Not the first to think of it …

Perhaps if you did Sheep Mutaliations…

2 Likes

There’s a whole “movement” of painted stones around the globe.

Reminds me, I should get back into Geocaching…

4 Likes

I created a geocache once. The dogs in the park ate it, so it’s off the list now. I could have created a much better cache and prizes if I’d had a Glowforge and my 3D printer then.

2 Likes

kindnessrocks - it’s a movement :slightly_smiling_face: Actually it’s a project.

https://www.thekindnessrocksproject.com/

3 Likes

My sister and I did the fossil thing, with very kewl results… didn’t have the heart to tell the kid it really wasn’t a fossil.

3 Likes

Yeah I did a fossil illustration engraving on slate a year or two ago. It’s a really great effect.

1 Like