Simple Marker Box

So my 2 year old threw our old marker holder on the ground today. It was made of glass and it went everywhere. My 4 year old distraught and said “Now we have to make one out of wood!” I thought, “you’re right! We can do that.” I’m so impress with how easy it is to make something. I was able to whip this up in a half hour or so. I think it too loner to engrave and cut than it did to design. My next iteration would have a design that would wrap around the box. I think that’d be cool. Thank you @dan for such a great product!!!

40 Likes

Nice! And if she does it again, you just print up another!

4 Likes

I have 3 destructive boys right now with an angel girl coming in less than a month :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That girl is going to be making stuff with you soon :slight_smile:

Love it when the little ones don’t say something about going to the store to buy a replacement for things but jump straight to “we have to make” something.

8 Likes

Congratulations! I had a different experience though, having my daughter first REALLY gave us second thoughts on having more kids :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

3 Likes

Man did I LOL with this. My youngest girl is my bull in the china shop!

2 Likes

Sorry to say but don’t think for a moment you will have an angel. I thought I would have two, one her uncle calls her “demon seed” and the other well just to say, the real angels run from her. She speaks her mind and mostly not in a nice way, not PC… But I do love them and wouldn’t give them back for nothing… :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Everyone went to kids on this post soooo. I have a very distructive 2 year old boy that I wouldn’t even trade for another glowforge!

Back to the piece you did. Very nice! It’s funny the simple things you don’t think about but then get very excited to try. It never occurred to me to do a wrap around image! Now I need to make a box!

3 Likes

NIce work! And your 4 year old gets it! A real maker in the making! Terrific!

3 Likes

It’s the little projects that help every day that I love the most. Great project!

2 Likes

I love simple, yet very nice looking projects like this. Well done

2 Likes