Simple pendant engrave error

Well that’s a cool idea! Similar to what we do with the back yard, on a much smaller scale. (That’s one heck of a French Drain.) :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Wow, this explanation is great. I came to the conclusion it was a Corel-centric issue. I was able to do what I wanted in Inkscape without a hitch but I know Corel so much more. I am anxious to get home and try out the righ-to-left border option with the text and see how it flies. Thanks for all the help guys!!

I’m with you on that. I use Inkscape in my classes but prefer Corel - I’m an early Corel guy so that’s the go-to app.

The issue is really with the GF. Corel is using a feature defined in the SVG spec that the GF doesn’t handle. Their implementation of SVG support is not complete. Good enough, but not everything.

Hopefully the Glowforge people see this thread (and others like it) and look into fixing the problem.

They’re aware. We found it a year or so ago and it took a lot of digging to find the cause. It’s not something that is high on the GF list because Inkscape is the recommended design software now. (They promised direct from AI but no word on that either.)

1 Like