Simple phone holder with lots of design potential

That would be great.
Thanks.

1 Like

Sorry, been dealing with a cold…took a few sick days.:scream: I’ll try to remember today.

1 Like

oh no! feel better soon! your boss will be mighty disappointed by your absence :wink:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that…get better quickly! (Definitely something going around down here too.) :grimacing:

3 Likes

Hey, whenever you feel up to it, I hate those occasional times I have to be on down time with some malady or other.

Thanks.

1 Like

Here is the simple phone stand. phonestand.pdf (388.4 KB)

18 Likes

Awesome, got it saved and I’ll load it into my Corel to see what I can come up with. Have a great rest of your weekend

1 Like

Bump.

Lots of new people and this is also :squee:

Thank you @smcgathyfay - one of my co-workers specified “make me something cute”

Anybody cuttting this on your GF. Tight fit (good, no tools needed) and this was done on Medium Maple Plywood, default engraving. Make sure you choose between engraves and cuts!

23 Likes

Cute, cute, cute! :smile:

3 Likes

What happened to the curls? They are so bold and thick…lol

2 Likes

Set then to engraved instead of cuts. It looked cute anyways so went with it. I’ll probably have to rasterize them first to get thin engraves. Perhaps I should have left them cuts?

5 Likes

They were an open ended spiral. Interesting that it closed the curve. May have to redesign. My Universal lasers interpret files differently apparently.

1 Like

Yup, that appears one of the “features” of the GF. I figured if nothing else we would be learning the defaults on this machine together. I already knew from reading the forums that the share didn’t like open vectors and would try to close then.

I’m really happy you have us some cute designs to print or take inspiration from. Thanks again

4 Likes

You could have converted the Cuts to Scores. The Score is the “Engraving” for single paths. It won’t try to close those.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll do that and print again

3 Likes

OK, second time (or is it third, fourth, fifth… whatever) is the charm!

Medium White Acrylic PG and black paint.

The black eye is because haven’t finished weeding, painted before removing masking material. I wouldn’t be surprised to find googly eyes soon :smile:

Thanks again @smcgathyfay

31 Likes

This is my favorite version so far! Black eye and all - it gives it character :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If you make one the white acrylic is thinner than say PG Maple Plywood so not as tight a fit. No big deal, but might want some glue.

I think next mod is perhaps small holes for earrings.

1 Like

Just adjust the slots on the main piece to the thickness of the material minus kerf…

Ooooh. What a great idea!!..

1 Like

Awwwww, adorable!

1 Like