Simple practical cut

One of the things my wife does is to buy 4 mochas at a time to minimize her exposure. But those cardboard carriers aren’t the most stable or easy to carry. So I made this coffee carrier for her. It is made for ventis but the others should fit. I used 3mm Baltic birch from woodcraft. Had some 12” squares and used them. Now less chance of spilling or tipping over in the car.

coffee box layers

33 Likes

I like it! I was just thinking I want one for carrying drinks home since when I do stop for a drink, it’s usually on a long walk and I pick something up for my husband too. Maybe I’ll try this, so at least if it sloshes while I walk, it won’t burn my hands. :rofl:

3 Likes

I also included the boxes.py page with the settings I used. I made the burn test on boxes.py and ended up using those settings. Some were tighter than others, but a little tapping with my tack hammer made eveYthing fit. I also got a pack of this locative super glue at Sam’s Club. They make it really easy to place just a small dab of glue where necessary, just takes a little practice.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. This is awesome. Love it. My daughter does coffee and tea runs for us and this is great. Thank you.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. Took mine on its maiden voyage and it performed perfectly. It was the perfect coffee run… it was beautiful.

2 Likes

Cutting mine right now. Very excited.

3 Likes

Thanks! Nice that it has handles too…

3 Likes

Now this is a seriously practical cut. It lends itself to decoration!