Simple Xmas tree ornaments in 3d

oh, I forgot to post the one I made. No adjustments to the file save for adding text on the lines. Thanks for the file!

11 Likes

Just made this with PG Medium Green and Red… worked perfectly! Thanks for the great design!

1 Like

Nice!

We just got our Glowforge and my sons have been cutting out some fun stuff. We are anxiously awaiting our acrylic to make these ornaments - love them!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and to the fun of creating with the Glowforge.

3 Likes

Love this design …i am a newbie so missed all the xmas fun this year of making stuff. May i ask how do i know how and what to change the slot too? keep seeing this in different projects about adjusting to fit surface that is being used. Hope i asked this correct. if not i will get it right eventually lol thank you for sharing

Welcome to the forum.
When you are just getting started, your best bet is to use the material indicated in the original design (1/8") for instance. After you have put together a few things, you will be ready to read the forum posts regarding kerf and adjusting slots. There are many tips and tricks and tutorials here in the forum, and the search function is robust. When you get stuck with a specific file, post a question and someone will step up to help you.

2 Likes

I have been using Inkscape since its fee, and well supported. One trick I tend to use when altering a kerf for a given material is to drop a box, then size it to the width I want, center it on the current kerf, then snap the nodes over on that box, and then delete the box. I know it sounds complicated, but spend a littel time watching some Inkscape tutorials, and you will figure it out pretty quick. I really like TroyTube on you tube.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!