Six digit 7 segment Clock

A muon must have knocked a synapse loose. I got my message topics confused. I meant to give a shoutout to @mark14 for his amazing word clocks.

Fixed the YouTube link at the top.

5 Likes

That magnetic dish is a great thing! it holds all of my commonly used screw gun bits and holders.

I have a magnetic wrist band to hold screws when I’m up on a ladder for example. really sucks when you are working with stainless steel screws. pocket i is! and then of course getting ONE out you have to drop 2 others.

3 Likes

Wow. A really great job.
I like everything that lights up. :wink:

3 Likes

I love this project! Thank you for sharing the photos and explanation.

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed post with pics. Love this project.

4 Likes

Whoa this was quite a journey and well worth it for the final result! It’s fantastic! Suggestion to prevent floor dropages is to put a shallow tray on your workstation and work over that, of course this may be annoying and counterproductive if you end up leaning on the edge of the tray and causing it to flip up…

5 Likes

Very cool and interesting. You’re so good at using both the 3D with the laser. Excellent!

1 Like

I’m working on my next version, a four digit smaller clock that uses Proofgrade dimensions more efficiently. Also use two LEDs per segment. I wanted to see how the dimensions worked to scale as to readability, so I made this animated PNG. Too much time on my hands.

Previously on 24:

Adding a few more seconds on the front end could come in handy in celebrating New Year’s at a respectable hour!

11 Likes

It’s super how much you learned from this one project. Looks great!

2 Likes

My only hope of not knocking off (and losing) small pieces is to work in a zero g environment!

2 Likes

When I drop small parts on the floor, I vacuum them up with this homemade attachment. I made this from two PVC elbows, a bit of window screen, and an old CD case, although a plastic peanut butter jar or similar would do.

13 Likes

Brilliant. What a great construction with found materials. And a good idea too.

5 Likes

The CD case gives it a Steampunk Antique look that you would not get with a big jar, and most plastic jars would collapse where that would support a much higher vacuum. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes