Size in GF is smaller than created in Illustrator

Hi GF Community!

I created an iPhone stand sized 3"w x 6’h at high resolution (300 dpi) in Illustrator, but when I uploaded it to GFUI, the dimensions were different much smaller. I didn’t realize on the first cut until after I pulled it off the machine. I deleted the image from the dashboard

and uploaded it again, with the same issue. I had to drag and resize it in GFUI so it cut with the correct dimensions. Is it an export issue in Illustrator or is it something I don’t know about in GFUI?

The image on the left was resized in GFUI; the one on the right was the original cut.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I am not sure about DPI, but when I design I use 96 pixels per inch. Not sure if that is the same, but I don’t have any issues with my designs when I use this setting.

A lot of owners use AI, if you share your file, someone might be able to look at it and figure out what the issue is.

I believe you want to set up your SVG files without checking Responsive.

5 Likes

Thanks all!

If you use copy/paste from AI to the GF library page instead of exporting an SVG the sizing stays accurate.

I’m sorry that you ran into trouble with your design not scaling correctly. Did the advice that @Jules shared regarding SVG settings correct the issue? If you’re still running into trouble, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help!

1 Like

Thanks, Ekla. I am not home until tomorrow, but I will try that when I get there.
Donna

Hi Ivan. I am not home this weekend but will try when I get back. I’ll let the forum know if it worked.
I really appreciate how helpful everyone has been!

1 Like

With the new precision measuring system, I use that in every case to at least double check, what I am working on and to keep any parts aligned.

1 Like

That worked!!! Thank you!!

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! Thank you @Jules for your advice. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

1 Like