Sizing won't hold between inkscape and gfui

Hi! having a weird problem. making some leather bracelets and I size them carefully in inkscape and save them to be about 7 inches long and 1.5 inches wide. well, when I pull the file into the glowforge interface they come up at almost 10 inches, and I have to resize them by eyeballing it. never had this problem before. what is going on?

1 Like

Check the Scale
scale

1 Like

Take the file, copy it and paste it into a 20" x 12" artboard. Save that file and it should correct the sizing issues. When you design or create a file for use in the Glowforge, always put it on a 20" x 12" artboard. (The size of the bed.) It’s a workaround for DPI related sizing issues in the various programs that people use.

5 Likes

totally fixed the problem!! you are the best!!

3 Likes

Fantastic! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you @Jules for the fantastic advice! I’m glad that you were able to get your leather bracelets to size just the way you want them to. Could you let us know if your experiencing any more trouble?

2 Likes

I will of course!

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!