Skull and Roses Clutch Wallet

Here’s a clutch wallet I made recently. I designed the pattern and cut it out on the ’Forge and combined hand tooling with laser engraving on the outside. I like the blend of analog+digital. Came out cool!

91 Likes

Another beautifully executed item. I love the interior designs and the perfect blue stitching.

8 Likes

Man, you are skilled with those stamps, that shading is so good. I agree, the engraving adds a unique touch. Everything about that piece is a work of art! The fabric lining is :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks! No stamps here, all done by hand. Here’s how it looked before I finished.

25 Likes

This. is. truly amazing. :star_struck:

9 Likes

Thank you! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

This is a wonderful work of art! Gorgeous beyond words!

9 Likes

Your tooling is absolute perfection.

10 Likes

Your design and execution are amazing. It is a real work of art. Thanks for sharing with us.

7 Likes

How long does the tooling take on something like this?

5 Likes

Amazing skills here! Another beautiful project.

6 Likes

That is gorgeous!

6 Likes

This is awesome

6 Likes

All extra amazing! Are you using the Glowforge score to lay out the designs? It is trully some of the best leather work I have seen!

6 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! I don’t use the score function. I print the artwork out on a vellum sheet and transfer it by tracing over with a ball point pen. This leaves a light impression in the leather, then I cut the lines in with a swivel knife and then manipulate with various tools.

6 Likes

Thanks! I’m getting better with each piece.

2 Likes

I’ve got about 15 hours in the tooling alone. Another 2 or so with color and assembly.

5 Likes

I was curious what part the Glowforge played?

3 Likes

Beautiful. Excellent result.

8 Likes