Slat board tape racks

Yeah. I currently own 3 pairs of shoes. I’m supposed to wear orthotics because of my ankles, which cuts down on available options (also I’m 6’2" and have gigantic feet, which cuts them down even more!) so I basically have my everyday athletic shoes, some boots I wear with leggings, and I think I still have a pair of dressy sandals somewhere that I haven’t worn since the last time one of my kids got married (and had an actual wedding that people were invited to, as opposed to an April Fools Day surprise wedding that nobody believed them about until April 2nd). I did have a pair of everyday slip-on type sandals, until my husband’s dog ate one of them. sigh

So, yeah. I guess I’m just not wired that way. :wink:

3 Likes

My wife has 3 pairs of boots that she doesn’t wear. Ever. Like she won’t wear boots because she says her calves are too big to fit in the boot that her feet fit in (she teaches Zumba & Pound and some cardio thing so she’s got nice muscular legs :slight_smile: ).

But she bought and keeps those boots.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

In examining the objects that people value, I reflect on when form/art, utility/function get transformed into the next level of meaning: fetish.

There are implications of sacredness in these objects. Which mean it transcends the normal experience of time and materiality.

Even the beggar’s rice bowl becomes a part of a sacred way of life.

1 Like

I always appreciate your unique insights. While I tend to not venerate things much, I reflect on the the things I do value and why and it is always about connection. Connection with people or parts of myself that I’m proud of.

1 Like