Sleight of Hand Magic and Wooden Bookmarks

I have been playing with some wood bookmark blanks and I have been researching stage magic 1400’s to 1800 (I have a history podcast for kids) So when I found a 1600’s manuscript showing card sleight of hand In just knew it would make an awesome boomark!

38 Likes

I’ll bet that takes a lot of hand dexterity. Dropping a card probably isn’t a good thing.

3 Likes

Fascinating topic and great idea! So many things to explore in the world. It never ceases to amaze me.

2 Likes

Honestly, it looks like a cool wood grain pattern at a glance. It isn’t until you stop and look at it that you see the magic. Not sure if that’s what you were going for but I love it!

2 Likes

I spent the lockdown days (ok I started a bit before the lockdowns) learning card magic and working on different false shuffles, slips, sleights, etc. Always been fascinated with it and was surprised at how easy some of it is, mostly relying on the fact that people just don’t SEE you do it 99.9% of the time. :smiley:

4 Likes

We got the MasterClass subscription to stay entertained there is a really good class taught by Penn & Teller. so much of it was pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Also super cool to learn for physical therapy for hand and finger

2 Likes

I’ve seen this and have been curious. Is it good/worth it?

1 Like

So sorry I just saw this. yES I love MasterClass!!!