Sliding lid box

Yes what settings did you use for the slide engrave?

sorry it has been so long I don’t have the data anymore, I only made the one :frowning:

Spent the entire day figuring this out! Very pleased with the final result. I hate kerf lol. I used one of my player’s character name and class on top.

15 Likes

THAT looks fantastic! Is it meant to be a narrow dice roller tray as well, or just storage?

Yep! That’s exactly why I haven’t made a sliding lid yet. I know, based on my total lack of skill and knowledge, I’m going to need to dedicate a great deal of time to it. You did a great job. I’d certainly call it time well-spent!

Hey what’d you cover the bottom with?

2 Likes

Thanks! After playing around with it for a bit, I decided to add felt on the deteriorating bottom so it doesn’t side about and make much of a clatter on a table.

2 Likes

Thanks! It can definitely double as a roller box too!

1 Like

I’m a rookie… and I am not clear by what is the “right direction” to do an engrave.

OK… it just dawned on me. A long engrave (like for the slots) should have a left-right orientation when placed in the GF… since the laser has a left-right axis. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes. So those skinny line engraves he placed vertically would’ve taken forever, he would’ve saved time if they were oriented horizontally

1 Like