Slightly off on horizontal cuts - ideas other than tightening belt?

Yes, sorry - I didn’t realize those didn’t fully upload. Here they are.

@benjamin.george Thank you so much for taking the time to send in those photos, I went ahead and documented them for you on your account. There are just a couple more things I would like to check in regard to the issue with the engraving.

Could you check the Gantry V-Wheels on both sides? These are the wheels that run along the track on the sides of the printer bed:

Please send photos of both sides so we can inspect this for you.​

Also, I noticed that there is some dirt/debris on the Carriage Plate belt could you try cleaning that belt with isopropyl alcohol applied to a lint-free cloth?

Lastly, I just wanted to confirm that you already have tightened the side belts? I will leave the steps for you below just in case you need them again.

We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so you can follow this link for instructions to adjust the tension of the side belt.

Let us know how it goes!

Sorry for the slow reply. Life has been really frantic c keeping up with orders. I did tighten those belts and the side wheels and rails are clean and move very smoothly. But here are photos of them.

@benjamin.george

Thanks for tightening those belts again and checking those wheels again. Could you just double-check the tension of those belts and let me know if any of them seem loose to you?

When pressing lightly on one side of the belt, the other side should not move.

Like this:

(You should see an animated image above)

If they seem like they have good tension can you go ahead and print the Gift of Good Measure one more time and send photos back?

Let me know how it goes!

Attachments

I am away from the machine now until after Thanksgiving. So I will check those and print again when I get back.

@benjamin.george

Sounds like a plan! Happy Thanksgiving and look forward to picking this back up whenever you’re ready!

Sorry for the slow reply. I did that cut, as requested. The one on the left was located near the center of the machine, and the one on the right was locatates at the far right of the bed. You can see the misalignment on the engraving is still particularly apparent on the one of the right. Very visible on the text.

I believe it might be an issue with the stepper motor because the head and gantry moves very smoothly when I do not hve the belts connected, but the moment I connect the belts I get a jerky moemevet when sliding the head plate across.

Hi @benjamin.george. Thank you for getting those print results back to us. I just sent you a separate email to continue this thread, and help find the next best steps to help you resolve everything. I will keep this Community thread open until we can confirm my email has been received, and I’ll look forward to your response in that thread. Thank you!