Slow App (cache)

Why is GF server so moody. Gosh! it’s so slow. How do you people run businesses through it??? I’ve even signed up to pay for their premium but to do anything on it, it takes forever, it always freezes and moves in ultra slow motion, or is completely out of alignment and i end up wasting material. This is all so frustrating! I’ve been trying to rotate a pic for the last 15 minutes but it’s just moving all over the place but won’t rotate it!

Functions in the user interface like transforms (rotating and moving) happen on your local computer. So, that doesn’t sound like an issue with the Glowforge servers.

Also, that has always worked fine for me.

Consider clearing your browser cache. Maybe try a clean browser profile without plugins. Try a different browser.

6 Likes

How do i clear my browser cache?

It depends on what browser you are using:

Or, search the web (“google”) for “how to clear cache” + name of browser.

You are probably best off using the Google Chrome browser for the Glowforge UI.

3 Likes

Thank you. I just opened a new browser and it’s working better. Thank you.
Also, what am I losing when i clear cache?

1 Like

Wonderful! I’m glad you got it resolved.

The cache is temporary storage where the browser puts things it thinks you might need again so it doesn’t have to download them again. Sometimes the system for managing that fails and, those bits don’t all fit together properly as things change. Clearing the cache just causes the browser to download current, fresh copies of everything.

3 Likes

Thank you. so I cleared my google chrome cache and I just opened the GF interface on safari. I don’t typically use safari. Atleast now i know what the issue is, thank you again so much.

1 Like

Glad I could help!

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @evermorian , that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

2 Likes