Small Stuff

The nut, the shell or both?

1 Like

Believe it or not I had never eaten a Pistachio before. On your suggestion I also tried the shell. Not recommended.

9 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t intend that, but I am laughing out loud.

I’ve eaten uncountable numbers of pistachios, but never a shell. I’ve eaten peanut shells, some sunflower seed shells and pretty much every apple core, but that’s it.

4 Likes

Why does this remind me of a certain Life cereal commercial?

4 Likes

23 Likes

Hypothetically, you could use something like the attached SVG and see how much text you could fit in the green circles (the blue circle would be cut just the first time to create the template holes). There’s a fair amount of text space available in a .470" circle depending on font and orientation.

But that’s all hypothetical you understand.

MandM template.zip (1.8 KB)

14 Likes

Hypothetically you could use tiny bunny pics for Easter or tiny spiderwebs for Halloween.

In theory.

4 Likes

Guilty :cold_sweat:. And it is a type of Shellac.

3 Likes

This post had me laughing out loud. I had to explain to my family what was so funny. My son actually paused his video game so he could see the Easter Bunny comic. :joy:

3 Likes

Well, the talk of engraving on M&Ms (hypothetically) inspired me to see how small this thing could go…

Check it out: :wink:

Those are lentils. With stars. You lose most of the lentil, but what the heck…(that’s a Tic-Tac for scale.)

34 Likes

SNORTLE!!!

8 Likes

And you didn’t scrimshaw the tic-tac? shame…shame…shame…shame…shame…

7 Likes

I ate the Tic-Tac. :wink:

12 Likes

The epic opportunity for super detail work in a small space. (Potentially even better than stars on lentils.) You missed it.

4 Likes

But it was tasty. :grin:

4 Likes

That I will give you, and very low calorie to boot.

2 Likes

I remember as a kid, going to the Mormon museum in SLC and seeing, in a glass case under a large magnifying glass, a grain of rice on which someone had written The Lord’s Prayer. I’ve never forgotten that. Obviously.

4 Likes

If not small beans and nuts, then maybe someone would be daring enough to try a teeny tiny dovetail?

27 Likes

…then there’s the beaver stuff in food. Follow link and see “food uses,” if you dare.

6 Likes

Something tells me I’m better off not checking that one out…:sunglasses:

3 Likes