Snow, snow go away

Woke up to an inch of snow on the ground this morning. Yeah, yeah, I know, but I live in VA, so it should have melted by noon.
It didn’t. !@#$% cold spell!
So, I decided to make my own spring. Interchangeable flower bundles in a faux mason jar.

33 Likes

Pretty! :star_struck:

That’s the white stuff you see on postcards, right?

Just joking. I have not been in snow for so long. We actually camped in it during the boy scouts.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen snow since 1977 :snowflake: What made it special was that I was in Miami, Florida at the time :snowflake: :snowflake: :palm_tree: :snowflake: :cold_face: :snowflake:: :palm_tree: :snowflake: :snowflake:

1 Like

Very cute! I love the interchangeable aspect of it. You could do all kinds of seasonal items (slice of lemon with straw for sweet tea, mini umbrella for cocktails, little flag for July 4, etc).

4 Likes

What a fabulous idea!

1 Like

Ugh! We don’t usually get snow here. That’s why we left Massachusetts. Too often, it looked like a bad Currier and Ives print! Seems a lot of the country is getting hit, so I really shouldn’t complain, since I can stay inside and play with my Glowforge all day.

But a little grimacing never hurt anyone. :joy:

2 Likes

Well, your blizzard finally arrived in Tampa :grimacing:

Fortunately, (I think) it is arriving pre-melted.

3 Likes

:joy: :rofl:
Sorry…

1 Like

I like it!

We usually have ‘some’ snow but right now in Mid Missouri, it’s -2 (not the norm by any means), and expecting 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow and Monday. Ugh!

1 Like

I remember days like that in Joplin. One year when I was just a wee lad, the gas main broke and it was freeeeeeeeezzziiiing! We all huddled with mattresses and blankets in the living room and shut the doors and lit the fireplace. Ended up cannabalizing fencing to burn because we didn’t have enough firewood (never really had fires). Brrrrrrrrrr!

2 Likes