So a Les Paul body (at least the back) will fit!

So here it is just about finished. It’s waiting for strings and a couple of minor finishing touches.

DSC_0376

In addition to the tree engraving on the back, the Glowforge also helped make the control and truss rod covers as well as the pick guard - all cut out of rosewood.

19 Likes

I do NOT have enough likes for this. Great story, great project, and a guitar that is SO classy looking.

3 Likes

Great job. That is really cool. What a cool story.

Thanks, everyone! It was quite a learning experience, and a good way to carve out some time to spend with my son before he heads off for college in a few weeks. Here’s one last photo - this time with strings! - and a quick vid of the first sound test.

12 Likes

Sounds really nice! Looks sharp! :grinning:

1 Like

I can’t get over the beauty of that wood…the grain is amazing.

3 Likes

Do you have that cut file still? I’m about to make the same guitar.

The OP may or may not see your post as it’s been 4 years since they wrote this. Also, just so you know it’s against forum rules to ask for files. If someone wishes to share their designs they would post them in the free laser designs category or post the link to their online store in their profile

2 Likes

This is absolutely fantastic! I love the colors and contrasting pick guard, et al. And I’m glad you didn’t use acrylic.