So, Day Two and this happened

That is a lovely Narwhal :blush: thanks to @smcgathyfay for sharing the file and to @Jules to made two of them and explain us very well all the process :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Great team project and great write-up! Thanks!!

5 Likes

thx again for the fantastic write up! We are all learning tons from you guys “taking one for the team” as we wait and sharing your “post mortem” writeups. BTW, I think the first attempt is super cute as is. Googly eyes are a good idea too…

but, if you’re hoping to give the [first attempt] little guy away (how ironic: you could call him “Ishmael”), I’m sure there’d be plenty of us willing to adopt him. That’s one reason I created Levitada (Levitada ~ a tool designed for us) - very “selflessly” so that those of you who have GF’s and “goofs”/“first attempts” don’t need to be burdened by them taking up shelf space. :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

I hadz the dumb Jules…but I are getting the smahts nowz…merci beaucoups…la la la la

5 Likes

This was so helpful and concise. I sure appreciate how willing you have always been to help everyone on the forum and now bonus…with an actual Glowforge. For those of us who have never even set eyes on a laser, you input and descriptions will be invaluable. Thank you, Jules!

10 Likes

36 Likes

LMAO!!! :joy::joy::joy:

Krumm?

16 Likes

hahahahaha :joy: :joy: you made look like I where crazy guy in the office :joy::joy:

11 Likes

yay! that looks awesome, congrats! I guess I missed something somewhere.
thanks for the explanation too!

7 Likes

I LOVED that show!

8 Likes

Awesome write up. Really highlights all the collaboration that has been going on.

My pre-flight check before the final save of the design:

1. Stroke to path and no hidden double lines.
  2. No fills, white or any color where you don’t want lasering. Punch out the holes or do Boolean operations to get the blank spaces.
  3. No design masking, just ask @cynd11 about this. Material masking is golden though. :slight_smile:
  4. If you want text in your design like for instructions, put them on a different layer so you can turn that layer off before printing.

Thanks so much!

23 Likes

I’m bookmarking this as well–thanks!

3 Likes

Hey Marion, are you still in Mexico? (Cause that would be a fantastic writeup for the tutorials section if you’ve got nothing to do down there…hint, hint!) :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah. I thought about it. Thumbing on a phone and iPad so it’s just not possible. Staying pretty focused on Spanish. Except those two hours a day needed to read the Forum.

11 Likes

Shoot! Well we miss you up here, get yourself back soon! :relaxed:

7 Likes
11 Likes

Now it’s stuck in my head again! ROFL! :grinning:

4 Likes

Again! :scream:

2 Likes

Made me think of something else. Sometimes when I have a color that looks right and the parts are the same, I realize that there is a different percentage of the primary colors which when imported sets up another operation. I need to get a palette defined with my standard colors and an assigned macro for each. That would speed up things. I usually do my parts in these “colors”: red, blue, magenta , green, yellow, brown, orange and then black and % of black for engraves. I don’t recall ever needing to do more than this.
I know they are already defined in the color swatches below but having a macro for each would be handy.

3 Likes

Yeah, the shades do matter unless you want to spend all day checking boxes. (Macros would be wonderful if you know how to do them for Inkscape - we could post them in the tuts.) :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes