So many Cork Fabric Coffee Sleeves!

Tonight I finally set up my Etsy shop! Not sure if we’re allowed to advertise here, so I won’t post it. But I made lots of coffee sleeves to list, along with the LED edge lit sign with the star map that I posted a few days ago.

I’ve finished stitching these up since taking the photo, but it’s easier to see all the designs when they’re all laid out.

54 Likes

Those turned out really nice.

1 Like

Nice job! Best of luck on your new venture.

1 Like

Those look great!

1 Like

Good luck! Those are really nice.
Was it you in an earlier post that mentioned having connection with a coffee shop? That’s a great way to market them! Etsy can be great, but can feel like very tiny fish in a very big pond, so if you use social media to help promote yourself, that will really help get traffic to your shop!

2 Likes

@bansai8creations Thanks! Yeah, I emailed photos of the finished product to the coffee shop owner, just waiting for his approval and will hopefully get them going there soon. And I was apprehensive about Etsy because it’s so over saturated nowadays. But it’s worth giving a shot!

1 Like

Nice assortment!

1 Like

These are amazing! I love working with Cork Fabric, it’s a great! Good luck with your Etsy store.

FYI, I don’t think there’s any issue with posting your Etsy link on projects you make. I’ve seen many people put the link in there profile.

2 Likes

they came out great!! Where did you get the cork??

@mccormickmania I ordered these four from Sew Sweetness and I have four more colors coming from them probably tomorrow. My boyfriend ordered some black and dark grey from Sallie Tomato. I’ve also seen some cork fabric for sale on Etsy but haven’t purchased any there yet, so I can’t compare quality. But I really like the ones we got from Sallie Tomato and Sew Sweetness. :slight_smile:

THanks, I have been looking for the past few days but was unsure. I have several of the patterns she sells at Sew Sweetness and belong to her bag of the month club, so I will order from her. Thank you!

FYI, I’ve advertised my Etsy store on this forum before. I don’t think it’s a faux-pas.

I, for one, would love to see your store. The sleeves look great! Please post a link to it.

1 Like

These are so cute! Nice work, and a nice focused product for a shop. An obvious product expansion would be coordinating coasters.

Just curious – what’s the thickness on the cork? Is it similar to the PG leather? I’m interested in making some of the leather-intended items from the GF shop, but not keen on dealing with actual leather.

2 Likes

Wow, those look great!!

Love these. make good custom gifts

1 Like

@redshift I JUST realized I never answered your question. I think I saw your comment while I was out of the house and wanted to measure the fabric to give you an accurate answer. It’s very thin, about 1/16".

1 Like

I don’t think there are any rules against it. I’d love to check out your shop! So far I’ve deduced it’s not your username here. Lol.

@erin Lol here’s the link! I still only have a few things there but I’m working on some new stuff now!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GoodsbyBandT

2 Likes

It’s so nice! You’ve done a really good job – I hope sales pick up quickly for you and you get all overwhelmed and have to buy a second glowforge and then world domination :slight_smile:

@erin That’s the dream! :rofl: We decided to take a chance and by the GF shortly after I lost my most recent job. I’m hoping that between Etsy and some local selling possibilities, I’ll be able to establish a laser engraving business before my savings dries up and I have to go find a “real job”.

2 Likes